RBI Grade B Exam: RBI Grade B exam is a Nationwide level Aggressive Evaluation conducted by Reserve Bank of India for Recruiting of Officers in Grade’B’ (General) – DR, DEPR, and DSIM in Shared Seniority Group (CSG). RBI Grade B 2020 recruiting is conducted in 3 phases- Preliminary, Main Examination, and Interview Round.
Table of Contents
|Name of the Exam||RBI Grade B Exam– DR, DEPR, and DSIM|
|Conducting Body||Reserve Bank of India|
|Selection Process||Preliminary exam > Main exam > Interview|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Both Online and offline|
|Number of vacancies||199 posts|
RBI Grade B 2020 Registration can be done through online mode just at the official site. Candidates prepared to apply for articles in both Gr. B (DR)-General and Gr B (DR) DEPR/DSIM should apply separately for each position together with requisite application charges.
- Just applicants qualifying at the Main exam will be invited for an interview around beginning from January 13, 2021.
- RBI Grade B Admit Card (with New Roll Numbers) indicating the date, time and place of the interview will be sent individually to shortlisted candidates on their registered email address.
- The interview around will carry 50 marks and may be carried out in English or Hindi language as opted by the candidate.
- The final merit list will be based on the candidate’s performance in the main examination and interview around. Candidates scorecards and cutoff for all stages will be released after the last result announcement.
Selection Procedure of RBI Grade B Exam (General) consists of following steps-
- Preliminary Exam.
- Mains Exam.
While the Prelims phase is Objective in nature, Mains stage would comprise of the objective as well as descriptive test.
How To Apply
- Go to the official website- rbi.org.in and then click on the link”Recruitment to the post of Officers at Gr. B (DR) General/DEPR/DSIM.
- Separate links for Online applications for Gr B -(DR)-General and internet software for DEPR/DSIM will be displayed.
- For fresh registration, select the tab”Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact information, and Email-id.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system.
- An Email & SMS is sent to the registered email ID and a Mobile number comprising Registration number and Password.
- Fill out the remaining details in the application form.
- Publish scanned images of candidates’ current photograph and signature, left-hand thumb impression and a handwritten declaration with following specifications:
|Photograph||20 – 50 KBs||200 X 230 pixels||JPG or JPEG|
|Signature||10 – 20 KBS||140 X 60 pixels||JPG or JPEG|
|Left Hand Thumb Impression||10 – 20 KBS||140 X 60 pixels||JPG or JPEG|
|Hand Written Declaration||20 – 50 KBs||140 X 60 pixels||JPG or JPEG|
- Next, the program fee has to be deposited using Debit/Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- Candidates must obtain and conserve the’e-receipt’ as evidence of successful payment.
- Finally, choose”SAVE AND NEXT” and confirm the details in the form prior to submission.
Application Fee for RBI Grade B Examination 2020 needs to be paid in online mode only.
|SC /ST/ PWD||Intimation Charges only||INR 100/-|
|GEN/ OBC/ EWS||Application fee including intimation charges||INR 850/-|
- Candidates should acquire the print-out of filled RBI Grade B Exam Application Form for future correspondence.
- No separate facility to create changes in the form will be available after entry of this form.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee/ Intimation charges waiver is appropriate only for those RBI Staff who meet certain eligibility criteria stipulated in the round CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ / 5599/ / 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
|Release of RBI Grade B 2020 Official Notification||September 20, 2020|
|RBI Grade B Registration Began on||September 21, 2020|
|Last Day to Submit RBI Grade B 2020 Application Form||October 11, 2020|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date for Phase – I||November 9, 2020|
|Release of RBI Grade B Phase 1 Result||November 18, 2020|
|Release of RBI Grade B 2020 Phase 2 Admit Card||November 22, 2020|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date Phase-II (General)||December 1, 2020|
|RBI Grade B Exam Date Phase-II (DEPR and DSIM)||December 2, 2020|
|Release of RBI Grade B Phase-II (General) Result||December 18, 2020|
|RBI Grade B Interview Dates||January 13 – March, 2021|
|Final Result Declaration||Not Announced Yet|
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility guidelines issued by RBI before implementing online. The basic eligibility criteria pertaining to nationality, age limitation and instructional eligibility of a candidate will be discussed below:
To appear for RBI Grade B Examination 2020, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Please note that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), and (d) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates should drop in the 21 and 30 years old group as on September 1, 2020.
- But, the upper age limit for applicants with M.Phil. And Ph.D. credentials are 32 and 34 decades respectively.
- Reserved class candidates are entitled to relaxation in upper age limit as per Government of India norms.
|Post||Minimum Educational Qualifications|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)||At least 60% marks in aggregate for all semester/years (50% for SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations from recognized University and Boards respectively.|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||A Master’s Degree in Economics/Econometrics/Quantitative Economics/Mathematical Economics/Integrated Economics Course/Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade. SC/ST/PWD candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5%|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM||Essential: A Master’s Degree in Statistics/Mathematical Economics/Mathematical Statistics/Statistics & Informatics/Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years or an equivalent grade; ORMaster’s Degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years and 1-year PG Diploma in Statistics or related subjects from reputed institute; ORM. Stat. from Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years ORPG Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years or equivalent grade.Note: For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master’s Degree as in items a, b, c and d above is 50% in aggregate of all semesters/years or an equivalent grade.|
- Candidates those who will successfully apply for the exam is only going to be eligible to obtain the admit card.
- RBI has introduced the Grade B Phase II admit card to the examination.
- You can now download the RBI Grade B Mains admit card by going to the official website.
- Information concerning the downloading of admit cards will be educated through text msg on your registered number.
- Make sure to mention that a valid number in the application form, in order to get all the details concerning the exam.
- Nominees will need to look at the specifics mentioned on the admit card such as name, email, contact no, father’s name, address, etc..
- In the event of any disagreements, candidates are required to bring it to the notice of the board immediately.
How To Download Admit Card
- See the official site of RBI.
- Click the chances section.
- Now visit the current openings.
- Now, click on the RBI Grade B recruitment.
- Click on the admit card connection.
- Input the registration numbers & date of arrival as the password.
- Click the submit button.
- Your admit card will show up on the next tab.
- Download it & take a print from your RBI Grade B admit card.
- Do not forget to take a copy of the same along with an original photo ID & duplicate it into the exam hall.
- RBI has announced RBI Grade B Phase 2 outcome 2020.
- Candidates who are shortlisted at the Stage II examination are subsequently known for the Interview round.
- RBI publishes separate results for every single round.
- The list of selected candidates is published at the official website of RBI within 15-20 days of the examination.
How To Check Result
- Visit the official website of RBI.
- Click the link shown for the effect on the home display.
- Input your registration/roll amount along with the date of arrival.
- Download your result & keep it safe for future reference.
For more information visit official website: Click here