CSIR UGC NET EXAM PATTERN:
TIME: 3 HOURS
MAXIMUM MARKS: 200
CSIR-UGC (NET) Exam for Award of Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship shall be a Single Paper Test having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
|Section||Total Questions||Attempt Questions||Marks Each Question||Total marks|
The question paper shall be divided into three parts.
- This part shall carry 20 questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude.
- The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions.
- Each question shall be of two marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 30 out of 200.
- This part shall contain 40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- A candidate shall be required to answer any 25 questions.
- Each question shall be of three marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 75 out of 200.
- This part shall contain 60 questions that are designed to test a candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts.
- The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
- The questions in this part shall have multiple correct options. Credit in a question shall be given only on identification of ALL the correct options. No credit shall be allowed in a question if any incorrect option is marked as the correct answer. No partial credit is allowed.
- A candidate shall be required to answer any 20 questions. Each question shall be of 4.75 marks. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 95 out of 200.
- For Part ‘A’ and ‘B’ there will be Negative marking @25% for each wrong answer. No Negative marking for Part ‘C’.
- Model Question Paper is available on HRDG website www.csirhrdg.res.in