DATE AND SCHEME OF THE TEST:
This paper held two times a year (June and December). The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, 16th June 2019 (3rd Sunday of June and December) as under:
- The subject-wise Schedule, date, and timing of the Test are liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. To enable the candidates to go through the instructions printed on the OMR Answer Sheets and also to correctly fill up the required particulars in the said OMR Answer Sheet, the same will be distributed 15 minutes before the scheduled time of start of the examination. The Test Booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled time of the exam & candidates are permitted to take a duplicate copy of their OMR Answer Sheet while leaving the exam venue. The actual number of questions in each part and section to be asked & attempted may vary from subject to subject.
- The candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the expiry of 3 hrs. from the start of the exam (i.e not before 12.00 noon in the morning session/5.00 PM in the afternoon session). Candidates are permitted to take their Test Booklet with them at the end of the scheduled time of the exam.
- Candidates should use only black ball point pen to fill in their particulars in the OMR Answer Sheet/Test Booklet and also darken the appropriate circle to mark their answers in their OMR answer sheet.
- Candidates are not permitted to erase, scratch out, overwrite or use whitener fluid/eraser fluid to change their answers in the OMR sheet; otherwise, that particular answer will not be evaluated.
- The Test Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidates opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form will be given bilingual Test Booklet and Candidates opting for English medium will be given Test Booklet printed in English Version only. Candidates are required to answer in the medium as per option exercised in the Application Form.
- Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam.
- If a question for any reason found wrong, the benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempt the question.
- No grievances/representation with regard to Answer Key(s) after a declaration of result will be entertained.
SUBJECTS OF THE TEST:
The Test will be held in the subjects mentioned below:
(i) Chemical Sciences
(ii) Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
(iii) Life Sciences
(iv) Mathematical Sciences
(v) Physical Sciences
The test will be held at 27 Centres spread all over India, as specified along with center codes below:
|Bangalore (1)||Delhi (8)||Jorhat (15)||Raipur (22)|
|Bhavnagar (2)||Guntur (9)||Karaikudi (16)||Roorkee (23)|
|Bhopal (3)||Guwahati (10)||Kolkata (17)||Srinagar (24)|
|Bhubaneshwar (4)||Hyderabad (11)||Lucknow (18)||Thiruvananthapuram (25)|
|Chandigarh (5)||Imphal (12)||Nagpur (19)||Udaipur (26)|
|Chennai (6)||Jammu (13)||Pilani (20)||Varanasi (27)|
|Cochin (7)||Jamshedpur (14)||Pune (21)|
A candidate may opt for any of the above centers. No request for change of center would ordinarily be granted. However, a request in writing for change of Centre may be entertained on merits, if received in the Exam Unit through email to email@example.com latest by 30.04.2019. Centre(s) may stand deleted from the above list if a sufficient number of candidates do not opt for the particular Centre(s) OR for any administrative reasons. The concerned candidates who opted for the canceled Centre(s) will be allotted any other Centre nearest to their place of residence, at the discretion of CSIR. No TA/DA will be admissible to any candidate for attending the test.