IIT-JAM Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who qualify in JAM 2019 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ER) for admissions in IITs.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- For Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by September 30, 2019.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form.
- At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute.
In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be canceled.
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the Candidate to prove that he/she satisfies the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission.
- The Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.